- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 Hours
Aims and objectives
Students will become familiar with the design, programming, operation, and design constraints of computing hardware.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this Unit will be able to:
1. Read and write assembly language programs for a simple microcomputer.
2. Identify the hardware components of a computer and the functions they perform.
3. Describe the overall behaviour of compilers, assemblers, linkers and interpreters.
4. Argue some of the trade-offs between hardware and software that occur in computer