- One Semester or equivalent
- 30 hours + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with understanding of a range of communication strategies and their applications in a business environment. The unit will enhance students’ competencies in the principles and techniques for managing large and multidisciplinary communications projects. Students will be equipped to apply communications management research and skills to business projects, as well as identify and respond to potential business and communications issues.
Unit Learning Outcomes: Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate coherent and developed knowledge associated with innovative communication tools and critique their potential contribution to business and communication management.
2. Use research skills to identify source information to analyse key leadership business issues.
3. Critically analyse the role of communication in organisational knowledge construction.
4. Apply analytical skills, techniques and technological knowledge to successfully manage project communication.
5. Evaluate communication proficiently to a variety of audiences and operate as an effective member or leader of a diverse team.