- 25 days, full time or equivalent
- 5 week block placement (190 hours)
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
100cp in MA-DIET Master of Dietetics
Aims and objectives
This unit is a placement-based unit to enable students to progress towards meeting the clinical dietetics entry-level competency standards of Dietitians Australia. Each student will be allocated to a placement site of a placement partner of Swinburne University for a total of 25 placement days.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Positively influence the health of individuals, groups and/or populations to achieve nutrition outcomes.
3. Apply critical thinking and integrate evidence into practice.
4. Collaborate with clients and stakeholders.
5. Demonstrate progress towards meeting entry level National Competency Standards for Dietitians in Australia.
6. Demonstrate reflection on practice and development of self-awareness, insight and cultural competency.