- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
100 credit points from a Masters Degree
Please Note: Some types of research require ethics approval before data collection can begin. Please check the information provided at the link below to see if the need for ethics approval applies to your intended project:
CorequisitesConcurrent Prerequisite: Unit can can be completed either prior or at the same time.
BUS80003 Research Methodology
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to provide the opportunity to conduct a practical research based study in business that will require the application of many skills and concepts gained throughout the course. The student will identify the topic, review existing literature, set the research questions, define the methodology, collect and analyse the data, as well as write up the final report. This unit is the capstone to a research specialisation and results in a thesis, which demonstrates the skills and knowledge to prepare students for higher degree research projects or to conduct independent research projects.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply advanced knowledge of the relevant discipline to identify and conduct supervised independent research
in an appropriate area of interest to the relevant business field
2. Critically evaluate the literature relevant to the selected area of interest
3. Apply advanced knowledge of research skills and concepts gained through previous studies to develop
solutions to research problems
4. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some
independence as preparation for research higher degrees
5. Demonstrate professionalism, ethical conduct and integrity and a deep awareness of professional practices
and contribute to applied managerial and organisational knowledge