This unit outlines the key concepts of business process management and modelling, its importance to an organisation, and how these support business activities. This also includes integration with a wide range of functions involving other organisations such as occurs in supply-chain management. The perspectives taken are that technology should align with strategic management objectives and cultural practices and also that business process analysis and design is a means of providing significant opportunities for innovation and performance advantage over competitors.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically analyse the concept of business process(es), their value, improvement, re-engineering and workflow.
2. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge to the role of technologies and business process management in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking.
3. Apply business process fundamentals to the analysis, design and modelling of business processes.
4. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex business process management problems with intellectual independence.
5. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team.