- Approximately 6 weeks (including approximately 2 weeks on tour)
- Pre and post departure seminars and tour
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|HB8 HE Block 8|
Last self enrolment:
Prerequisites50 credit points
Aims and objectives
pre 2020 unit code INB70002
This unit familiarises students with the issues, debates and processes of working and doing business in Europe, and its possible impact on Australia. This unit investigates innovative practices and business issues in Europe, visiting cities such as London and Paris to look at how innovation is conducted in Europe and the tolerance to risk. In addition, the study tour visits social impact hubs to investigate the role of social impact in Europe. Students develop an appreciation and understanding of approaches towards doing innovative business and networking in Europe.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced and coherent knowledge of innovative business practices in Europe
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Critically analyse the commercial and political relationships between Australia and Europe
4. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes
5. Communicate proficiently and in a professional manner to a variety of audiences and operate as a member or leader of a diverse team