Business Innovation in Europe Study Tour
- One Semester or equivalent
- 264 contact hours including Pre and post departure seminars and tour
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
HB8 HE Block 8
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites50 credit points
Aims and objectives
This unit familiarises students with the issues, debates and processes of working and doing business in Europe, and its possible impact on Australia. This unit investigates innovative practices and business issues in Europe, visiting cities such as London and Paris to look at how innovation is conducted in Europe and the tolerance to risk. In addition, the study tour visits social impact hubs to investigate the role of social impact in Europe. Students develop an appreciation and understanding of approaches towards doing innovative business and networking in Europe.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced and coherent knowledge of innovative business practices in Europe
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Critically analyse the commercial and political relationships between Australia and Europe
4. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes
5. Communicate proficiently and in a professional manner to a variety of audiences and operate as a member or leader of a diverse team
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Study Tour Non-Scheduled Learning
|Unspecified Learning Activities||9.5||12||114|
Preparatory seminars and participation in briefings pre-departure. Research, presentations and assessment before, during, and after the tour. Approximately 2 of the 6 weeks are on tour
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
- Innovation in business practices
- Cross cultural business practices
- Foundations of business in Europe
- Understanding of trade between Australia and Europe
- Understanding of global business practices
- Analysis of future business practices
- Reading materials.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.