Business Innovation in Asia Study Tour
- One Semester or equivalent
- 150 contact hours including Pre and post departure seminars and tour
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites50 credit points
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with an appreciation of the workings of the Asian countries visited and of areas of Australian diplomatic and trade representation within Asia. The aim of the tour is to familiarise students with the actual issues, debates and workings of these organisations and their impact on Australia.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the key institutions in the Asian Countries
2. Critically analyse the relationship Australia has with the Asian countries. Summarise the issues discussed and debated between and within the Asian countries
3. Critically analyse the major trade issues discussed within the Asia and Australia relationship
4. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team
5. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Study Tour Non-Scheduled Learning
Preparatory seminars and participation in briefings pre-departure. Research, presentations and assessment before, during, and after the tour. Approximately 2 of the 6 weeks are on tour
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
- Innovation in business practices
- Cross cultural business practices
- Foundations of business in Asia
- Understanding of trade between Australia and Asia
- Understanding of global business practices
- Reading materials and references.
Students are advised to check the unit outline in the relevant teaching period for appropriate textbooks and further reading.
To learn more about the America Study Tour and how to apply, please visit the Faculty Lead Tours page here