- Approximately 6 weeks (including approximately 2 weeks on tour)
- Pre and post departure seminars and tour
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Prerequisites50 credit points
Aims and objectives
pre 2020 code INB70005
This unit provides students with an appreciation of the workings of the Asian countries visited and of areas of Australian diplomatic and trade representation within Asia. The aim of the tour is to familiarise students with the actual issues, debates and workings of these organisations and their impact on Australia.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the key institutions in the Asian Countries
2. Critically analyse the relationship Australia has with the Asian countries. Summarise the issues discussed and debated between and within the Asian countries
3. Critically analyse the major trade issues discussed within the Asia and Australia relationship
4. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences and function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team
5. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes
To learn more about the Asia Study Tour and how to apply, please visit the Faculty Lead Tours page here