- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to build an appreciation of the complex business context in which business analysts operate, and to develop the knowledge and skills required to manage in such contexts. In particular, this involves developing skills and understanding of the challenges of working with multiple stakeholder groups (often involving large numbers of people), working in multi-disciplinary teams, and through leadership and facilitation, help evolve an understanding of the nature of the problem, the desired future state and how that future state might be achieved.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of the key aspects and characteristics to facilitate and lead individuals and groups towards an improved understanding of the challenges and the desired future states for the business.
2. Critically evaluate the role of the business analyst in analysing, communicating, managing and building readiness for Information Technology (IT) enabled change.
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team.
4. Apply business analysis fundamentals to the analysis, and design of business problems and opportunities using appropriate methods and tools in a variety of contexts.