- 1 Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Articulate the pre- and post-colonial legacies on Australian foreign policy;
2. Evaluate the major developments in Australian foreign policy, and their relationship to domestic politics and identity;
3. Identify the problems of alliance, multilateralism, and unilateralism in Australian foreign policy;
4. Evaluate Australia’s place in global and regional politics and relevant emerging foreign policy issues, individually and with others;
5. Critically analyse Australian foreign policy in relation to key concepts and foreign policy approaches and theories.