- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit introduces students to fundamental concepts in human anatomy and physiology. It provides an introduction to anatomical structures and functions of organ systems in the human body, and examines these in normal and abnormal functioning. The unit also aims to develop basic laboratory skills and safety practices.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Locate and identify anatomical structures in the human body
2. Differentiate between levels of organization in biological systems and apply this knowledge to anatomical and physiological concepts
3. Explain the functions of organs and organ systems and their roles in normal body function
4. Differentiate between normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology