Advanced Research Methods in Health Sciences
- One Semester or equivalent
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours)
Aims and objectives
To expose students to specific advanced techniques and knowledge in health sciences research.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Practice extended skills in advanced report writing, technical reviews and oral presentation;
2. Demonstrate skills in applying research tools and research methodologies to an example of professional or industry practice.
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Individual or Group task
Assesses attainment of these ULOs
Negotiate an individual learning contract with the unit convenor. This will include completion of up to 2 modules that include theory and practical learning in the research areas of interest. These modules can also be the focus one or both of the assignments.
- Content will vary based upon the student’s individual learning contract
- This may mean (for example) researching the commercial applications of new technology in the health care industry; or it may mean discovering and documenting the adoption of biomedical instrumentation in a private clinic
- Reading materials.
A list of reading materials and/or required texts will be made available in the Unit Outline.