- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Admission to the Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) or Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Forensic Psychology) programs or equivalent.
Aims and objectives
This unit is designed to provide advanced critical appreciation of theoretical and phenomenological models of psychopathology in adults. A further aim is for students to be able to apply this knowledge in assessment, diagnosis and formulation in a range of clinical settings and across a range of client presentations.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Integrate theoretical and phenomenological models of psychopathology in adults
2. Critically evaluate major taxonomies in psychopathology and their clinical application in a range of settings
3. Apply advanced diagnostic and assessment skills