- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this unit is to provide students with the capacity to manage the finances of an organisation as well as to communicate financial decisions. Students are provided with the capacity to use financial information systems to inform decisions across a business.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply critical and advanced knowledge and judgements and to take effective, ethical and timely actions regarding the current and future allocation of resources in the context of a complex global business environment.
2. Apply advanced knowledge of quantitative skills, evaluate the assumptions, behavioural implications and qualitative factors in decision-making.
3. Critically analyse key problems, list uncertainties and develop strategies from accounting and financial statements.
4. Apply decision making processes including interpreting bias, evaluating alternatives, organising information and clearly stating assumptions.5. Work in diverse groups or individually solve problems using accounting information.