Great leaders and managers set the tone in organisations and lead by example. In this positive leadership short course, you will learn a proven set of skills and abilities to lead confidently and unlock the best from others using positive psychology.
The science of positive psychology provides a clear roadmap for leaders to create an environment where people can thrive and flourish. Positive leadership is an area of study that includes several highly effective systems and strategies that can be used to elicit positive emotions and influence engagement, motivation, and performance of those around you.
In this two-day positive leadership training course you will discover the benefits and qualities of positive leadership, the mindset shift needed for positive leadership and communication methods and styles to create sustainable positive environments in the workplace.
You will be introduced to 7 leadership behaviours that build positivity within teams. As part of the training, you will build your own positive leadership strategy which can be applied in your organisation.
Who should attend?
Leaders and managers who want to expand their influence, get the best from their team, and create better outcomes for their organisation using positive psychology techniques.
Note: You will need to complete a Strength Profile Assessment before attending the workshop. This is to maximise the time in discussing results within the context of the workshop content.
Face-to-face, Live online
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Positive Leadership
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“[The facilitator’s] demeanour and sharing mindset set the tone for the two days, building a very open environment with great dialogue.”
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the science that underpins the benefits of positive leadership
- Apply the key elements of the mindset of a positive leader and manager
- Adopt the core positive leadership behaviours that build and sustain positive emotional climates in the workplace
- Apply the one core communication technique that simultaneously promotes engagement, builds creativity and motivation and enhances relationships at work
- Identify your leadership strengths and how you can apply them to enhance the performance of yourself and others
- Use methods that identify the core values and purpose that are essential for engagement at work
- Develop positive leadership strategies for performing at one’s best and maintaining optimal positivity (for oneself and others) under stress
- Apply strategies that create effective workplace habits to build and sustain positive leadership style
- Create an action plan for implementing learnings on return to work.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Continuing Professional Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Positive Leadership
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059