Microsoft Excel Advanced
This one-day advanced Microsoft Excel course is perfect for experienced Excel users who want to develop their Excel skills to the peak of the software’s ability.
Microsoft Excel is a tool to be reckoned with at the advanced level. This is our most interactive Excel short course, with plenty of hands-on exercises to help you retain and start applying what you learn straight away in the workplace.
You will learn advanced Excel skills like how to use Pivot Tables, the Outline function, Goal Seek & Scenarios, Validations, how to consolidate data and how to link between worksheets and other applications.
You’ll also learn how to create and record Excel macros and how to use them to automate manual tasks. This Microsoft Excel course includes more complex formulas and functions than the intermediate course, building on your existing knowledge.
Reduce time, create professional worksheets faster and optimise your efficiency at work with a level of Excel proficiency that is valuable and highly sought after in the workplace.
Who should attend?
Working professionals who want to learn advanced Microsoft Excel skills that can be applied at work.
Prerequisite: Completion of Microsoft Excel Intermediate training course or equivalent skill level.
Note: this course is taught on a Windows PC platform and is therefore suitable for Windows PC users only. This course is not suitable for Mac OS users.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
“This course exceeded my expectations by far. Our facilitator was so professional, a great teacher and very patient. Great examples were used during the course too.”
Short Course Outline - Microsoft Excel Advanced
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“[The facilitator] used examples which showed the rudimentary concepts and skills associated with each learning outcome. This meant that you understood the basics well and left you able to imagine taking the concept further and adding layers of sophistication on top.”
Microsoft Excel Advanced
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This one-day Excel course will equip you with advanced Excel skills to use in the workplace, building on what you learned in the intermediate Excel course. You will be paired with a buddy for the day so you can learn Excel and practice together, while being taught and supported by an expert facilitator.
This Microsoft Excel advanced course covers how to:
- Using and creating the Outline function.
- Using and creating the Goal Seek & Scenarios function.
- Using and creating Validations.
- Using and creating Pivot Tables.
- Linking data to other Applications.
- Using and creating Group Worksheets.
- Consolidating data from various sheets into one.
- Creating and recording Macros
By completing this Excel course, you will be able to:
- Gain confidence using advanced Excel processes.
- Reduce time spent on complex calculations by developing your own Excel macros.
- Use advanced techniques to achieve more outcomes.
- Maximise Excel’s capabilities and break bad habits.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - MS Excel Advanced
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059