Masterclass: Lead Innovative Thinking and Practice
True innovation exists on a spectrum which can traverse from continuous improvement to transformational change or product design. Anything that adds value is an innovation, and this two-day design thinking course teaches you how to innovate and add to the bottom line.
This course will broaden your perception of innovation, where value sits, and how you can innovate in the value chain. You will gain the structure, tools, and confidence to engage your workforce and teach them to innovate.
You will drive more creativity and innovation, know where to start and have the skills to plan and facilitate innovation. True leaders ask the right questions, get people involved and convince a whole organisation to invest in change.
This innovative thinking training course teaches you how to transform yourself, take these skills back to work, carry out corporate innovation and become a true change agent and innovator.
Who should attend?
There are a broad range of professionals who attend including junior leaders and managers, SME owners, middle managers who are developing their careers, change agents, and C-Suite and CEO level professionals.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Masterclass Lead Innovative Thinking and Practice
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“There were lots of practically implementable ideas and frameworks with good examples and opportunities to try them out and discuss them.”
Lead Innovative Thinking and Practice
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
Course content and schedule
|Introduction to corporate innovation – what does innovation mean in a corporate environment and what are the multiple forms in which it can be applied.|
|Global management trends and what it means for innovation – an overview of the global challenges facing all organsations and the necessity to innovate in order to find appropriate solutions.|
|Innovative thinking approaches – techniques to stimulate the thinking approaches required to effectively innovate.|
|The integral ingredients for robust corporate innovation – developing an understanding that innovation requires the right mindset, skillset, toolset and the ability to positively influence culture.|
|A process for innovation – a four-step model for innovation that requires investigative practice, idea generation, opportunity evaluation and opportunity implementation.|
|Innovative practices – understanding how innovation can be applied to products, processes, management techniques, sales, marketing and culture.|
|The leadership challenge – investigation of the need to foster innovation by effectively leading self, leading people and leading in a strategic context.|
|Creating a culture of innovation – understanding three levels of culture and the best mechanism to innovate based upon where your organisation is.|
In this two day innovative thinking short course, you will be able to understand and lead innovation in a corporate environment and understand how to transform creative ideas into innovative practice. This course is focused on taking those fresh ideas and transforming them into measurable projects and services for your organisation.
You will learn the skills to:
- Understand corporate innovation and how to apply it in modern organisations.
- Differentiate between innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement and know when and how to apply each concept.
- Recognise cultures that foster innovation as opposed to those that impede it.
- Adopt the mindset and attitude of a corporate innovator and learn how to instil this belief in staff.
- Learn a range of skills and techniques essential for successful innovation.
- Understand how innovation connects with corporate strategy and how leaders should leverage systems within their organisation to innovate rather than building from the ground up.
- Identify and challenge engrained institutional barriers to innovation.
- Assess the innovation readiness of your organisation.
- Embed a proven process for innovation that can be applied to any organisational setting
- Enjoy clarity around the link between innovation and value.
- Gain confidence in your ability to lead innovation among a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be able to support innovation amongst your colleagues.
- Enjoy a fresh personal mindset around innovation.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
Upon completion of your innovation training, eligible participants have the option to enrol in and attend two additional workshops and complete the assessment for BSBINN801 Lead innovative thinking and practice which can be credited towards the 10840NAT Graduate Certificate in Applied Business.
For more information, download the pathways brochure.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment please call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Pathway Brochure - Masterclass Lead Innovative Thinking and Practice
Download this document as a quick guideline to the pathway options available for this course.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Masterclass Lead Innovative Thinking and Practice
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059