Finance for Non-Finance Managers - Understanding Numbers and Business Impact
This two day Finance for non finance managers course equips you with the skills to understand business financials and shows how to confidently hold financial discussions with the leadership team.
You will be able to make rapid and accurate decisions based on financial data, and understand the impact of these decisions.
This course is not for accountants! It is a core skill that all manager and leaders should have, to be able to confidently sit in meetings where complex accounting and financial discussions are held.
You will learn the fundamentals of finance, including how to decipher accounting terminology and industry jargon, be able to undertake topline interpretation of reports and business cases and make decisions based on presented financials.
This course doesn’t require, or focus on, mathematics skills. Rather, it focuses on terminology, report interpretation and how to unpack, and understand what is represented in complex financial models and reports.
You’ll gain a fundamental understanding of the impact of actions and behaviours on the business financials.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for non-finance professionals, line managers, senior managers, business owners, C-suite leaders and anyone who wants to increase their understanding of financial reporting, analysis and conversations in the workplace.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Finance for Non Finance Managers
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“We had a dynamic presenter who made the content interesting and related it to the participants in the group. It was the first interactive Live Online training course that I have done, and Swinburne set it up very well.”
Finance for non-finance managers
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This two day finance short course teaches you the fundamentals of finance within businesses, including deciphering accounting jargon and how the numbers fit with the rest of the business.
You will learn the skills to:
- Understand general accounting terms and concepts.
- Understand why is finance important for non finance managers.
- Know how financials fit within the business across the board.
- Join into the conversation with the finance team and management peers about business financials, and thoroughly understand the discussion.
- Understand of the impact of decisions on the financials of business.
By completing this finance for non-finance managers course, you will be able to:
- meaningfully communicate in and contribute to financial discussions.
- make better informed business decisions.
- have more informed conversations with key stakeholders.
- strategically align your goals with finance operations.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment please call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Short Course Overview - Finance for Non Finance Managers
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059