How to have a Difficult Conversation
Difficult conversations are all around us and they only become more difficult if we don't know how to effectively participate in them.
This course focuses on giving you skills like negotiation, planning, self-reflection, clarity, and empathy to turn difficult conversations into constructive ones. You will focus on understanding why some conversations are more difficult than others and why that makes them more important to tackle effectively.
The How to have Difficult Conversations course examines some challenging situations in the workplace and provides you with a set of simple skills to improve your ability to deal with difficult conversations and conflicts in a more confident and constructive way.
You’ll also understand how to map out the root causes of conflict in your workplace, move away from aggression, and respond to unfair tactics, while devising strategies to maintain a positive outcome wherever possible.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to improve their ability to participate in difficult conversations.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - How to have a difficult conversation
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
"Great session with valuable information. We learnt simple steps to coach people through a difficult conversation, I feel much more confident conducting a challenging conversation post this workshop. Our facilitator was really engaging and used great examples from her own experience and encouraged group discussions."
How to have a difficult conversation
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This one day short course shows you how to respond to difficult conversations using a principled, collaborative approach, and plan for difficult conversations you need to initiate with empathy and constructiveness.
You will learn the skills to:
- Understand the drivers of difficult conversations.
- Establish the results of the conversation.
- Understand the need to address conflict and the desired outcome.
- Understand the effects of not having the difficult conversation.
- Listen actively and communicate assertively.
- Carry out basic negotiations.
- Create an action plan to have difficult conversations and anticipate outcomes.
- Apply resolution techniques and swiftly respond to unfair tactics.
- Develop skills and confidence to work constructively with conflict.
- Know how to manage and protect yourself in a conflict situation.
- Enjoy more collaborative outcomes at work.
- Meaningfully address and resolve conflict moving forward.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to learning advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - How to have a difficult conversation
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059