Leadership Development Program
This one-day course is designed to develop your skills and potential to lead people. Focusing on tools and case studies you can apply immediately at work, you will examine what it takes to be a credible and effective leader.
This leadership course is introductory and perfect for professionals who are starting out on their leadership journey and seeking to gain a stronger sense of themselves as leaders as they develop their careers.
The course will give you an overview of what leadership is, take a deep-dive into the decision-making process, teach how to motivate yourself and others, and give feedback. We also undertake some experiential learning to give you hands-on experience as you learn how to lead and manage other people.
Attendees take away new approaches to effective communication and will know how to motivate and engage team members to deliver results. The program will also develop your understanding of how to apply different strategies to develop your staff and to deal with operational and staff management issues.
Who should attend?
Supervisors, team leaders, and managers or individuals who are stepping up to a new leadership challenge.
This course is currently in transition.
The course code, title, units, and content may change. Further information will become available on our website, upon enrolment or during your studies. To discuss your study options, please get in touch with us today.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Leadership Development Program
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“We had an excellent, engaging facilitator. This was a most useful course, filled with a good mix of the theoretical and the practical. I was very impressed by the facilitator’s knowledge, approachability and communication with very good broad evidence. Very impressive and motivational. Thank you!”
Leadership Development Program
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
In this one-day short course you will develop a greater understanding of decision-making, communication, and more, to define your leadership style; and be able to engage your team for results.
You will learn the skills to:
- Model the qualities and behaviour of an effective leader.
- Adapt your leadership style for any situation.
- Motivate and inspire your team.
- Support, engage, and empower team members.
- Communicate the organisational vision and goals effectively.
- Enhance your individual communication skills.
By completing this Leadership Development program, participants will be able to:
- Enjoy a strong sense of your style and skills as a leader.
- Have the confidence to step into your own power as a leader.
- Be able to influence others through motivation, celebration, and feedback.
- Be more comfortable having awkward conversations.
- Be able to deliver feedback that breaks through roadblocks.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery is available Australia wide including Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Leadership Development Program
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059