Business Writing Skills
In this one-day short course, you’ll learn how to improve your business writing skills and get your message across with ease, speed, precision and clarity.
Writing in the workplace is now ubiquitous and is an unavoidable part of professional life. From constant emails, to high-profile presentations, reports, business plans, cases or proposals and social media, our written content is a direct reflection on us.
It’s important to write correctly, as well as express ourselves with clarity and efficiency to achieve the desired outcomes.
Many professionals need assistance to plan their documentations, organise their thoughts, choose the right tone, and cut the ‘waffle’. This communication short course will present you with the tools for effective business writing.
Who should attend?
Any professional who wants to improve their writing in the workplace. This includes reports, presentations, documents, business cases, emails and other correspondence.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Short Course Outline - Business Writing Skills
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“[The facilitator] was extremely engaging, she has a great energy to her and did a great job at engaging the cohort. I enjoyed using a range of platforms to engage with each other through visual, verbal, and written formats as it helped to create an engaging experience. I not only learnt new skills but also built upon my existing ones. The entire experience was extremely well organised. Studying in the Live Online format with other learning peers helped create an engaging experience where we could all interact and learn from each other.”
Business Writing Skills
Watch a brief summary about Business Writing Skills
Our learning advisor Bryan Salvage will briefly discuss the Business Writing Skills course and how you may benefit from attending.
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This business writing course breaks down writing into key steps and processes. You will learn a series of professional techniques that give you the skills to set your writing agenda and deliver with clarity.
These tools and frameworks can be applied to any form of writing, and you’ll have the opportunity to practice these skills and gain feedback in a positive, safe and educational space.
You will learn the skills on how to:
- Write more clearly in your business plan, correspondence and reports.
- Plan, organise, and structure your business communication efficiently and effectively.
- Write sentences, paragraphs, and documents using clear and easily understood language.
- Produce coherent, clear, and professional letters, emails and reports.
- Adjust your writing style to suit the requirements of the topic and the reader.
- Revise, edit, and proofread documents.
- Use tools that help you move past issues like writer’s block or not knowing where to start
By completing this Business writing course, participants will be able to:
- Become more influential in your workplace.
- Increase your productivity and reduce down-time spent with writer’s block.
- Boost your confidence.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment please call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Business Writing Skills
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059