Masterclass: Agile Project Management
This two-day Masterclass in Agile Project Management course begins by providing a background to Agile methodologies, their philosophy, values and principles. The key reasons for adopting agile together with comparative benefits are then discussed. The Scrum methodology is used to describe the delivery lifecycle of an agile project.
Agile development teams are then formed and participants apply Scrum to project scenarios. Participants learn and apply a variety of tools and techniques to develop and refine the product backlog, define user requirements and quality, estimate durations then manage and review progress towards achieving a version of a complete product. Reviews and retrospectives are practised to received feedback, manage risk and refine the process.
The challenges of implementing agile in organisations will also be discussed in this program. Participants will be asked to consider both the applicability and readiness of their respective organisations for Agile adoption with the aim of creating a roadmap for implementation back into the workplace.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone in a project environment who is looking for a lean yet structured approach to project management, that enables faster response to change and that is conducive to rapid and collaborative implementation of high-priority initiatives.
Note: It is recommended that you speak to one of Customer Development Advisors before registering to this course as there may be a level of prior knowledge and experience required to do this course. Please call us on 1800 633 560 for more information.
This course is currently in transition.
The course code, title, units, and content may change. Further information will become available on our website, upon enrolment or during your studies. To discuss your study options, please get in touch with us today.
Face-to-face, Live online, workplace
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
“I really enjoyed [the facilitator’s] approach and her willingness to share her experiences. She was very proactive in her communication by touching base with us via email and via Slack. She went above and beyond to share additional resources that expanded and enriched our understanding of Agile Project Management.”
Agile Project Management
Short Course Outline - Masterclass Agile Project Management
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
- The background and history of Agile management
- Leading frameworks used in industry and their features and benefits
- Principles and practices to initiate and plan a project
- How Agile project management and techniques can be used to manage a project, with particular focus on dealing with a changing project scope
|What is agile?|
|Agilest 'vs' PMs|
|Agile project life cycle|
|Roles (PMs, Scrum Master, Product Owners)|
|PM Personal Strategy|
|Visual Boards / Colocation|
|Project Inception activities|
|Epics / Stories|
This Agile project management course is delivered in four main parts, each aligned to the main learning goals. Each part of this course has several sub-modules and activities. The course relies upon group activities to explore and embed learning.
A good portion of the course will be spent involved in learning activities and discussing the lessons extracted from them. We expect participants to work together in group activities and be active in discussions throughout the course. Participants are encouraged to inject stories from their own experience, and to explore through discussion how Agile practices could help their current work situation.
The course facilitator will evaluate participant learning in the context of the group activities and the related discussions, and through a questionnaire at the close of the course. Any learning gaps identified at the close of the course will be addressed along the course, or in a closing Q&A session.
By completing this Masterclass in Agile Project Management, participants will be able to:
- Develop understanding about the underpinning philosophy, principles and benefits of Agile
- Gain knowledge of the different Agile methodologies and frameworks
- Understand the key roles, events and artefacts of agile
- Work as a team to apply the tools and techniques of the Agile project lifecycle to a simulated project
- Understand how Agile can be used in conjunction with other Project Management Frameworks
- Understand the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects
- Consider the steps required and challenges faced in implementing Agile within an organisation
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery is available Australia wide including Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Masterclass Agile Project Management
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059