Academic Entry Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline plus relevant professional experience** in design or a related field*
- Completion of postgraduate studies (graduate certificate / graduate diploma) in design or related field*.
* Related fields may include architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, digital arts, creative arts, multimedia or digital media (web, mobile applications, audio or video production), product design engineering, design technology, games, animation and interactivity, and creative industries.
** Relevant professional experience must be documented in either a portfolio (see below) or a detailed CV (see below).
Where relevant experience is used for the basis of admission, no further recognition for prior learning/credit can be granted on that basis.
Do I need to submit a Portfolio?
You must submit a digital portfolio if:
- you do not have an undergraduate degree in Design or a related-field (a detailed CV is an accepted alternative to a portfolio); or
- you are seeking Advanced Standing (unit exemptions) outside of an agreed pathway or articulation agreement.
How to submit a portfolio:
To submit a digital portfolio, applicants will first need to complete their online application. They will then receive a link so they can upload their portfolio to SlideRoom. Digital portfolios provided through any means other than SlideRoom will not be accepted.
What is a detailed CV?
A detailed CV clearly details descriptions of design capability, experience, examples of applied design capability, and reference from a relevant professional attesting to capability.
Meeting the minimum entry requirements for the course does not guarantee offer of a place. See Admissions at Swinburne, for general information about admission process. The University may determine selection criteria and restrictions in respect of courses to apply in addition to these entry requirements.