This program is suited to applicants who:
- have some prior research experience
- are interested in a pursuing a career in research
- have a desire to make an original contribution to research in a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their employment opportunities.
Find out more about research areas and expertise in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
Swinburne Open Day
It’s the most open of open days! Experience the buzz, chat to students and discover your dream course on Sun 29 July. Plan your day now!
Make your midyear move
Many courses offer a midyear intake. That means soon! So, make your move. Get started on the course (or career goals) you've been thinking about. Apply now!
Applicants may also be interested in an alternate Doctor of Philosophy (Science) program, which is part of a new integrated suite of programs offering a pathway to a higher degree by research for students who hold a three-year bachelor degree.
4 years full-time or up to 8 years part-time
Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)