This program is suited to applicants who:
- have some prior research experience
- are interested in a pursuing a career in research
- have a desire to make an original contribution to research in a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their employment opportunities.
Students completing a PhD in Health Sciences can work with supervisors who are experts in a diverse range of areas. Our supervisors’ specialities include, but are not limited to:
- Psychology (e.g. social, clinical, forensic, developmental, educational)
- Neuroscience (e.g. cognitive neuroscience, neuroimaging, neuromarketing, psychopharmacology, neurodegenerative disease, neurodevelopmental disorders)
- Health Sciences (e.g. digital health, health promotion, disabilities, chronic diseases, cardiovascular risks, physiology, sports and exercise science, sensory systems)
- Data Sciences (e.g. health analytics, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics)
- Health Professions (e.g. dietetics, nursing)
Students interested in interdisciplinary PhDs are also welcome to apply.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 20% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Applicants may also be interested in an alternate Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences) program, which is part of a new integrated suite of programs offering a pathway to a higher degree by research for students who hold a three-year bachelor degree.
4 Year/s (maximum)
Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
A$39960 (annual for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.