Professor Enzo Palombo
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS226 Hawthorn campus
Received PhD from La Trobe University studying the genetics of bacterial conjugation. Spent 10 years at the Royal Children's Hospital investigating the genetic epidemiology of gastroenteritis viruses, particularly rotavirus and astrovirus. Research interests include food microbiology, identification of bio-active compounds from medicinal plants, fungi and biowaste, environmental microbiology, nanotechnology and virology. Involved in teaching in the areas of microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry and molecular biology. Member of the Australian Society for Microbiology; served on Victorian Branch committee (1996-2014). Member of Dairy Industry Association of Australia. Member of AusBiotech.
Microbiology, Infectious diseases, Food health and safety
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural) - 030600
- Bacteriology - 060501
Also published as: Palombo, Enzo; Palombo, E.; Palombo, E. A.; Palombo, Enzo A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
- 2015-02-16: Autralians get hepatitis A from Chinese berries - Yahoo
- 2015-02-16: Three new cases of hepatitis A linked to frozen berry contamination in QLD - ABC Radio PM
- 2010-04-21: Raw milk for and against - ABC Saturday Breakfast
- 2009-09-01: Bush medicine aids dental health - Get Farming
- 2009-07-03: Keyboard of dangers - Sunday Express
- 2009-07-02: Shared keyboards are potential hotbeds for bacteria - Tech Herald
- 2008-04-28: Soap as good as disinfectant - Thaindian news