Professor Elena Ivanova
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS222 Hawthorn campus
Professor Elena P. Ivanova received PhD from the Institute of Microbiology and Virology, Ukraine; ScD from the Pacific Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry, Russian Federation; JD from the University of Melbourne; GradDip from the Law Institute, Victoria. Professor Ivanova worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, Japan; Visiting Researcher at the Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland; joined Swinburne University of Technology in 2001. Professor Ivanova is recipient of AIST and JSPS Fellowships, Japan; UNESCO Biotechnology Fellowship; Research Excellence Award of the Governor of Primorye; Prominent Young Doctor of Science Award of Russian Federation, Morrison Rogosa Award from American Society for Microbiology, U.S.A. She published two books, 14 book chapters, 4 patents, in excess of 220 research papers. She is Editor for Antonie van Leeuwenhoek (Springer), Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), FACETS (Canadian Scientific Publisher), editorial board member for Microbes and Environments (Japan), NanoScience and NanoTechnology (Switzerland), reviewer for 20 plus scientific journals, member of NHMR Advisory Panel, ARC and NHMRC assessor, external PhD thesis examiner. Professional activity is concentrated in fundamental and applied fields of Nano/Biotechnology. The research interests are also focusing on design, fabrication and operation of planar micro-devices; immobilization of bio-molecules and micro-organisms in micro/nano/environments, bacterial taxonomy and bacterial interactions with macro/micro/nano-structured surfaces.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural) - 030600
Also published as: Ivanova, Elena; Ivanova, E.; Ivanova, E. P.; Ivanova, Elena P.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: Focused ion beam microscope for trace element analysis and nanomachining *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2016: Polymers for water and food security: Segregating additives for processed thermoplastic polymers *; CRC Polymers
- 2016: Polymers for water and food security: segregating functional additives for paints *; CRC Polymers
- 2015: Collaborative advanced spectroscopy facility for materials and devices *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme - For funding commencing in 2015
- 2014: The Australian Steel Manufacturing Research Hub *; ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hubs
- 2013: Multi-scale imaging and characterisation facility for biological structure and function *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2012: Australian Synchrotron Access Program *; ARC Special Research Initiatives
- 2012: Centre of Research Excellence Electromagnetic Bioeffects Radiation *; NHMRC Strategic Research Development Committee (SRDC)
- 2012: Smart Interfaces *; Australia China Science and Research Fund - Grant
- 2011: Polymer functional architecture at the biointerface to control soil-water-nutrient behaviour during plant growth *; Grains Research & Development Corporation
- 2011: Ultrafine grained titanium for bio-implant applications *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2010: Soft matter and responsive materials characterisation facility *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2009: Design and Fabrication of Nano-Structured Surfaces for the Control of Bacterial Interactions (Advanced Manufacturing CRC Project) *; Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- 2008: PhD student agreement - Barbara Vu *; Minerals Down Under Postgraduate Scholarship
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display