Professor Alexander Babanin
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Ocean Engineering - 091103
Also published as: Babanin, Alexander; Babanin, A.; Babanin, A. V.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2014: A thermally stratified Sea-Ice-Wave Interaction Facility *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities Scheme - For funding commencing in 2014
- 2014: Towards an Australian capability in arrays of ocean wave-power machines *; Emerging Renewables Program
- 2014: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2014 - Dr. Alessandro Iafrati *; Visiting Researcher Scheme
- 2013: Coupling Tropical Cyclone and Climate Physics with Ocean Waves *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: Global trends in oceanic wind speed and wave height *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: IG Waves Study *; Shell Global Solutions International - External Contract
- 2013: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2013 - Prof Ginis *; Research Advisory Group - Visiting Researcher Scheme 2013
- 2013: Wave-current interaction *; Dept State Development Business & Innovation Post Grad Scholarship
- 2012: Kinematics of deep water surface waves *; Woodside Energy Ltd.
- 2012: Revisiting Wave-Induced Mixing and Current Effects: Observations and Modelling Based on the Southern Ocean Flux Station *; CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Research Fund
- 2012: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012 - Donelan *; Research Advisory Group- Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012
- 2012: Wave Climate in the Marginal Ice Zones of Arctic Seas, Observations and Modelling *; Office of Naval Research Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science & Technology
- 2012: Wind profiler network for planetary boundary layer research *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2011: Experimental facility for extreme air/sea interaction studies *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2011: Investigation of Turbidity in Port Phillip Bay and Coastal Area of Victoria by Means of Satellite Observations and Numerical Modelling *; Boskalis Australia Pty Ltd
- 2010: Giant Waves, Theoretical and Experimental Modeling *; Australian Academy of Science Scientific Visits Program
- 2010: Numerical Modelling of Extreme Waves Generated by Tropical Cyclones *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2010: Observation-based dissipation and input terms for spectral wave models, with end-user testing *; Office of Naval Research National Oceanographic Partnership Program (NOPP) Broad Agency Announcement
- 2010: Wave-Induced Upper-Ocean Mixing *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display