Dr Behzad Nematollahi
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC732 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Nematollahi is an ARC DECRA Fellow at the Center for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Construction. He is also Deputy Director of Digital Construction and Concrete Laboratories.
Dr. Nematollahi has received an Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) for his 3-year project started in January 2018. His DECRA project aims to develop a 3D printable fiber-reinforced geopolymer/Portland cement concrete for digital construction. DECRA is a Fellowship Program for Early Career Researchers as part of ARC National Competitive Grants Program, which is an incredibly competitive process with a success rate of 16%.
Dr. Nematollahi’s main research interests include 3D Concrete Printing, Geopolymer Concrete, Strain-Hardening Cementitious Composites (SHCC) and Ultra-High Performance Concrete (UHPC).
Dr. Nematollahi obtained his PhD in Civil Engineering under the supervision of Prof. Jay Sanjayan at Swinburne University of Technology, where he worked on multi-scale development and investigation of properties of fiber-reinforced Strain-Hardening Geopolymer Composites (SHGC) as a sustainable alternative to SHCC.
Construction Materials; High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Cementitious Composites; Ultra-High Performance Fiber-Reinforced Concrete; Advanced Concrete Technology; 3D Concrete Printing; Geopolymer Concrete; Fiber-Reinforced Strain-Hardening Cementitious Composites
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Construction Materials - 090503
- Structural Engineering - 090506
CVE20002-Computer Aided Engineering Civil;CVE10004-Mechanics of Structures;CVE20003-Design of Concrete Structures;CVE30002-Design of Steel Structures
- 2019, International, Travel Grant for Shanghai Civil Engineering and Surveying Young Scholars Forum, Tongji University, China
- 2019, National, Australia-China Young Scientists Exchange Program, Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering
- 2019, National, 2019 Fresh Scientist in Victoria , Fresh Science
- 2018, International, UA-DAAD (Universities Australia-Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, Swinburne, FSET Eearly Career Researcher Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, Swinburne, ECR-SUPRA Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, National, ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, Australian Research Council
- 2017, National, National Engineering Bursary Award-Highly Commended-, Concrete Institute of Australia
- 2015, International, Dresden International Summer School (DISS) Award, Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and Dresden State Governments
- 2012, Swinburne, Swinburne University Postgraduate Award (SUPRA), Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Nematollahi, Behzad; Nematollahi, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Investigation of relationship between source materials and properties of concrete roof tile *; Bristile Roofing Holdings Pty Ltd
- 2019: Development of 3D-printable Strain-Hardening Fibre-Reinforced Geopolymer Composites for Digital Construction Applications *; UA-DAAD (Universities Australia-Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst)
- 2018: 3D printable geopolymer with orientable fibres for construction application *; ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
- 2017: Functionally Graded Modelling of Geopolymer and Portland Cement Concretes *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-05-25: This cementless concrete turns out to be ultra-flexible - "Science & Vie" Magazine
- 2020-03-23: Interview: Dr. Behzad Nematollahi’s Sustainable, Earthquake-Resistant Concrete - Hayat Life
- 2020-03-03: Bendable, safe, long-lasting and green cement-free concrete developed at Swinburne - Swinburne Media