Swinburne among Australia’s top 20 in QS World University Rankings 2022
Swinburne has placed 19th in Australia in the QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Swinburne has risen in the QS World University Rankings 2022, placing 19th in Australia and moving up 50 places to 321st globally
- Swinburne’s performance is driven by our research citation and employer reputation metrics
- The QS World University Rankings is one of the most respected and widely-read university performance tables
Swinburne continues to rise in the QS World University Rankings 2022, climbing 50 positions from last year to place 321st globally. Swinburne also ranked 19th within Australia.
The QS World University Rankings assesses universities based on six criteria: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, citations per faculty, ratio of international faculty members and ratio of international students.
Swinburne’s performance this year is driven by our research citation and employer reputation.
Innovative research and graduate employability
‘Our researchers continue to produce innovative solutions to real-world problems across a range of disciplines and sectors including health, data science, social innovation, smart cities and the future of manufacturing,’ says Swinburne’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise), Professor Bronwyn Fox.
‘Their work has been acknowledged in prestigious publications and garnered international recognition,’ Professor Fox adds.
Some of Swinburne’s recent achievements include:
- Launching the Victorian Hydrogen Hub in partnership with CSIRO and Germany’s ARENA 2036 to advance a net zero emission future
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Quality), Professor Qing-Long Han ranking fifth in Australia and 259th globally in the Top Scientists Ranking for Computer Science and Electronics
- Ranking second in the world for the proportion of highly cited papers in Mathematics and Computer Science according to the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2021
- Contributing to a world-first organic solution to creating clean and healthy waterways
- Leading a research team that demonstrated the world’s fastest and most powerful optical neuromorphic processor for artificial intelligence
The employer reputation metric is based on almost 50,000 responses to the QS Employer Survey, which asks employers to identify the institutions from which they source the most competent, innovative and effective graduates.
Swinburne’s performance in this area aligns with our vision to be the prototype of global best practice.
Swinburne recently increased it rankings across 14 subject areas, including Physics, Automation and Control, Law and Telecommunications in the latest Academic Ranking of World Universities Global Ranking of Academic Subjects.
The QS rankings are viewed as one of the world's leading higher education league tables, along with the Academic Ranking of World Universities and Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
To view the full tables of the QS World University Rankings, visit the QS Top Universities website.
Constructing futures with France: Swinburne’s international engineering collaboration
Swinburne’s new partnership with École Spéciale des Travaux Publics, and Bouygues Construction Australia will establish education and industry links between Australia and France.Thursday 23 March 2023
Swinburne celebrates International Women’s Day
Swinburne’s International Women’s Day 2023 Forum has highlighted the changemakers and innovators we have right here at Swinburne.Wednesday 08 March 2023
Swinburne empowers first aerospace Founder in Residence to soar at Avalon International Air Show
Taking on Avalon International Air Show with innovative aerospace is Swinburne’s first Founder in Residence Rachael Barritt.Read more (Swinburne empowers first aerospace Founder in Residence to soar at Avalon International Air Show )Wednesday 01 March 2023
Professor Alan Duffy to lead flagship initiatives at Swinburne
Director of Swinburne’s Space Technology and Industry Institute, Professor Alan Duffy, has been appointed to the newly created role of Pro Vice-Chancellor, Flagship Initiatives at Swinburne.Monday 27 February 2023
$5.2M green energy research hub coming to Swinburne
The Siemens Swinburne Energy Transition Hub is Australia's new research-driven hub focused on energy and sustainability.Thursday 16 February 2023