Explore the business and culture of Seoul, one of the innovative and most up-and-coming design hubs in Asia.
- Locations: Seoul, South Korea
- Dates: 23 May –4 June 2021
- Eligible students: Postgraduate
- Cost: TBC
- Application submission: Applications are now open and will be assessed with offers made on a rolling basis until places are filled
- Application close date: 20 March 2021
- Unit code: DDD60009
Study tour overview
Seoul is one of the world’s largest economies and at the forefront of design and innovation. Being home to global companies such as Samsung, LG and Hyundai Motors, the city has an underlining culture that promotes advanced technologies and a major entertainment industry. Starting from visiting Dongdaemum Design Plaza designed by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid, students will be able to witness Korea’s design culture firsthand. We will also connect with the leading design schools in Korea to ensure an appropriate mix of cultural and academic experiences.
Having lived in Korea for a large portion of her life, the tour leader is well connected and will ensure the tour links to areas of Seoul that a general tourist cannot access. Give your CV an edge before graduating by immersing yourself in one of the most innovative design cultures of the world.
Highlights / Tentative Itinerary
- Visit to Dongdaemum Design Plaza (designed by Zaha Hadid)
- Visit to Insadong (cultural walking tour)
- Design workshop with Korea University – one of the highest ranked universities in Korea
- Visit to Samsung Display Centre
- Visit to LG Design Centre
- Visit to Hyundai Motor Studio