- Destination/s: Philippines
- Dates: 7 - 20 January 2024
- Cost: TBC + airfares
- Funding available: A$3,000 NCP Mobility Grants and A$8,817 OS HELP Loans available for eligible students
- Eligible students: Undergraduate
- Application deadline: 31 August, 2023
- Register your interest
Study tour overview
Advancements in technology have made everyday people ever more connected to the internet, and security is an important component to keep safe while connected. This Cybersecurity Beyond Borders project will provide you with an opportunity to work alongside students in the Philippines, exchanging knowledge and understanding the technological needs and challenges in cybersecurity. You will be able to develop and refine your skills and explore your career path in the field.
Cyber threats can attack anytime and anyone. Furthermore, organized cybercriminals often choose specific targets which may include the vulnerable population. This project will actively engage and support students from a range of study backgrounds by establishing a program that aims to empower them with knowledge through practical activities, engagement with cybercrime agencies and organisations.
Highlights / tentative itinerary
After your arrival in Manila, you will get settled before waking up the next day to jump into a safety briefing, language class and cultural immersion.
The next few days of the Study Tour will then consist of:
- Full days of industry visits
- Immersion of old city of Manila, including hands-on cultural activities
- A full day to the outside the capital city to learn the history and experience the natural surroundings of the countryside
- Time to work on your projects/presentation
- Presentations and reflections
- A busy and rewarding two weeks with your fellow students that will equip you with new skills and experiences to bring back home.
Which unit/s can this program be taken for as credit?
Can this unit be taken as an elective by students in any Swinburne degree?
Eligibility and selection criteria
This program is open to undergraduate students from any discipline.