Swinburne have partnered with The Global Student to offer semester length engineering internships in Penang, Malaysia. The Global Student will source an internship tailored to your area of study with a company in Penang. There are 17 x A$5,000 New Colombo Plan Grants available to eligible Australian undergraduate students.
- Internship provider: The Global Student
- Study areas: Engineering (not Biomedical or Telecommunications)
- Location: Penang, Malaysia
- Dates: 24 July – 17 October 2020
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Cost: To be confirmed at the information sessions
- Applications open: 1 March 2020
- Application deadline: 30 April 2020 (if places remaining)
Note: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, with places (and scholarship if applicable) allocated to the first students to complete a full application and meet eligibility criteria.
- EAT20008 Professional Experience in Engineering; OR
- 17 x A$5,000 Australian Government New Colombo Plan Grants available to Australian students (with no citizenship or residency rights to Malaysia), who have not previously received an NCP semester-length grant
Specific eligibility requirements depend on the academic unit being utilized, but all students must meet the minimum eligibility criteria below:
George Town City view from Penang Hill, Malaysia.