Learn about what this group of student health and wellbeing ambassadors can do for you.
Join H.Squad in 2022
Y'all ready for this? H.Squad is recruiting for 2022!
This is your opportunity to make a difference. You'll be part of a team having a positive influence on the health, wellbeing and inclusivity of your Swinburne community. You'll also gain invaluable experience in health promotion, and project planning and delivery. And you'll learn lots.
Come on, join the squad.
Swinburne’s student health ambassadors. These all-round good humans harness the power of student voice to promote health and wellbeing at Swinburne. They work with peers and experts to develop different ways to make a positive impact.
From curating online resources to designing and delivering a calendar of events to engage the community. Large on-campus events, like RUOK Day or Nutrition Week? That’s these guys. Smaller group workshops. Nutrition classes. That’s them too.
You’ll probably see the friendly team on campus or in the H.Squad hut (the bright blue and yellow uniforms are kind of hard to miss). Don’t be shy to say hi.
They are peer support, here to support you, a peer. If you have any health query, just ask. They’re happy to lend a hand... or if you need someone to listen, an ear.
Join H.Squad in 2022
Be part of a team of Swinburne student superstars
H.Squad works closely with staff to promote healthy life choices, and respectful and inclusive behaviours among peers at Swinburne. And has a load of fun along the way.
H.Squad is comprised of student volunteers; roles are unpaid for one year.
The team works together to co-design and implement health, wellbeing and safety initiatives, ranging from on-campus events to practical cooking workshops and social media campaigns.
Why join H.Squad?
- Find a new social network of like-minded friends
- Gain experience in health promotion project planning, delivery and evaluation, as well as developing engagement and communication strategies
- Learn about a range of health fields, including mental health, nutrition, sexual health, gender-based violence prevention, and diversity and inclusion
- Earn volunteer hours towards Swinburne Student Life perks and programs (one step closer to Emerging Leaders Program!)
- Take advantage of a range of professional and personal development opportunities
Check out H.Squad on Instagram to see what we've been up to in 2021.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the elibigility criteria:
- you’re a current Swinburne student
- you’ve got great communication skills
- you’re passionate about health, wellbeing and equity
- you can obtain a Working with Children Check (don't worry, it's free and easy to do, and we'll walk you through the process)
- you can commit time to attend monthly meetings, contribute to social media content and participate in events (online and in person).
We are committed to equity and diversity within our team. Students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, students with disability, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5pm, 24 October 2021.
Applying is easy
Ready to join our 2022 team? Here's how to apply:
- Introduce yourself
Write a short intro to tell us about yourself, what you’re studying and what you think you'll bring to the H.Squad in 2022
- Email us
Send your introduction along with your contact details to email@example.com
And keep an eye out for our response!
And of course, if you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.