Professor Janet Hiller
PhD, Johns Hopkins University, United States; M.P.H., Hebrew University, Israel
Janet is the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design.
She is an epidemiologist and health services researcher with extensive teaching and research experience in Public Health.
Janet spent 23 years at the University of Adelaide engaged in broad public health activities but focusing on health services research investigating preterm birth and antenatal screening, and subsequently health technology assessment more broadly.
In 2011, Janet moved to Melbourne when appointed as Associate Dean Research in the Faculty of Health Sciences at Australian Catholic University. She took a leadership role in research development across the 6 campuses of the Faculty and across the university as a whole.
She took up her post at Swinburne University in March, 2014.
Janet has national policy roles with the Australian government on health technology assessment (particular around reimbursement decisions for Medicare, cancer monitoring and safety, quality and sustainability of the health care system.
She undertakes research on disinvestment from health technologies of questionable cost effectiveness, direct marketing of health care to consumers and breast cancer screening as well as being engaged in a host of other projects evaluating health services.
Cancer screening and survivorship; Health Technology Assessment; Public and Environmental Health; Epidemiology; Health research design; Health Promotion
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Public Health And Health Services - 111700
- 2012, National, Patronâ€™s Award for Commitment to NBCF Research Investment, National Breast Cancer Foundation
- 2008, National, Fellow, Public Health Association of Australia
- 2008, National, Basil Hetzel Award for Leadership in Public Health, Public Health Association of Australia
- 2002, Other, Postgraduate Lecturer of the Year, University of Adelaide
Also published as: Hiller, Janet; Hiller, J.; Hiller, J. E.; Hiller, Janet E.; Hiller, Janet Esther
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2016: Evaluation of e-counselling effectiveness in the Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service *; Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
- 2015: Evaluation Services - Smoke Free Prisons Project *; Victorian Department of Justice
- 2014: Healthy Living after Cancer *; NHMRC Partnership Project Grant
- 2013: The Inherited Cancer Connect (ICon) Partnership *; Strategic Research Partnership (STREP) grant
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display