Find support if you're an ELICOS student
If you are studying an ELICOS course, there are free services available to help improve your academic writing and English-language skills.
Independent Learning Centre (ILC)
The ILC is a space designed to assist all ELICOS students to support and further their English Language skills.
Resources provided by the ILC to develop learning and language skills include:
- Daily, small group tutorials, designed to support and assist students in the areas of writing, reading and listening. Available at all levels in EAP and GE.
- One-on-one academic support provided to students by an experienced teacher; available upon request
- Current language software, allowing students to study independently, to study at their own pace and according to their specific needs
- Guided Learning: weekly activities available online, designed to consolidate and expand weekly learning during the Course
- Weekly ‘Conversation Club’ – a relaxed environment for students of all levels to practice and gain confidence in their speaking skills, and an opportunity to get to know students in different levels of ELICOS
- Access to a range of reading, dictionaries and grammar reference texts
Location: TD Building, Level 1, Room TD140,
Opening hours: 10am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday