Public tours and special events
Guided tours of the Australian Synchrotron are available throughout the year on Saturdays.
Upcoming public tours
Please visit this website to make bookings.
Online bookings for each monthly tour will open six weeks before the event.
- Saturday 21 March 2020
- Saturday 18 April 2020
- Saturday 16 May 2020
- Saturday 20 June 2020
- Saturday 18 July 2020
- Saturday 15 August 2020
- Saturday 12 September 2020
- Saturday 17 October 2020
- Saturday 14 November 2020
- Saturday 5 December 2020
Tour 1: 10 – 11.30am
Tour 2: 11.45am – 1.15pm
Tour 3: 1.45 - 3.15pm (if applicable)
Tour and booking details
- Minimum of 12, maximum of 20 people per tour.
- Please check visitor safety information if pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from attending the tour.
- Tours are 90 minutes long.
- No seating is available during tours.
- Non-refundable booking fee (incl. GST): $5 per person, $15 for families of up to four persons.
- Organised groups larger than eight participants will be asked to book tours Monday to Friday, during term times.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Students under 16 years of age must complete the ANTSO Directors Permission form [DOCX 23KB] and email to email@example.com.
Book a public tour, here.
Australian Synchrotron Open Day 2017
The staff of PrimeSCI! and the PrimeSCI! Labrats provided hands-on science activities at our Open Day in October 2017. Watch the video to see some of the highlights.