test, test, Albania
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- BA918 Hawthorn campus
Christopher Baker is a Research Fellow at the Asia-Pacific Centre for Social Investment and Philanthropy, part of the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne. Christopher is passionate about the contribution of private wealth to public good. His pre-academic career spanned over 25 years in leading people and managing change, during which his roles included Senior Executive at ANZ, and Chair of The Salvation Army Employment Plus. His PhD thesis 'Wealth Transfer and post mortem charitable giving in Australia' addressed bequest giving drawing on exclusively Victorian data. He has maintained a particular interest in the study of charitable giving from private estates and in 2014 published an unprecedented national study entitled ‘Encouraging Charitable Giving by Australians’. His research at CSI Swinburne has also ranged more broadly across quantitative and qualitative studies focused on private giving for public good, in its multiple forms. Christopher is both researcher and participant in the Australian philanthropic sector, where he is currently on the Board of the Inner North Community Foundation; a sub-fund holder with the Australian Communities Foundation; and a member of the giving circles Impact100 Melbourne and The Funding Network.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Doctoral & Coordinating Masters.
Fields of Research
- Policy And Administration - 160500
Advanced Statistics and Big Data
Also published as: Baker, Christopher; Baker, C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2012: Encouraging Charitable Bequests by Australians *; INCLUDE A CHARITY
- 2012: Encouraging Charitable Bequests by Australians *; Trust Company Ltd
- 2011: Pilot research project on charity *; Australian Agency for International Development
- 2009: Heloise Waislitz Visting Fellow *; The Pratt Foundation - Heloise Waislitz Visiting Fellow
- 2008: Establishment of 2nd tier research centre within APCSIP *; Yulgilbar Foundation
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display