When you choose a career at Swinburne you will benefit from a wide-range of staff support, discounts and services.
We promote diversity and nurture career development. Plus Swinburne offers great opportunities to create the flexible work you need for a balanced life.
Swinburne places a big focus on developing our employees. You can design a career pathway uniquely suited to who you are, your skills and lifestyle.
- Undertake training courses on campus
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Study leave options
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Create a development plan that is reviewed annually
- Swinburne graduation discounts
- Mentoring programs
- Access online learning through Swinburne’s LinkedIn Learning Staff Subscription
Flexible working arrangements
Swinburne’s flexible working arrangements can support your individual needs. We have a range of family support services that enable you to make the most of your career and family life. Our options include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
- Extended parental leave options
- 48/52 employment cycle options
- Onsite childcare at all campuses
- Adoption leave
- Onsite school holiday programs at our Hawthorn campus
Health and wellbeing
Looking after your health and wellbeing is vital, which is why Swinburne has partnered with a range of organisations to offer you fantastic discounts and services.
- Counselling and Support – Employee Assistance Program and on-campus counsellors
- Onsite health services and vaccinations
- Private Health Insurance discounts with Medibank
- Weekly yoga and pilates classes
- Multi-faith facilities and resources
- Discounted and special offer gym memberships around all 3 campuses – including the Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Free access to the HALC swimming pools
- Onsite parking and easy access to public transport
- Childcare facilities at all campuses
- Parents’ room facilities
- Social functions through the Swinburne Staff Club
- Access to Library resources across our campuses
- Multi-Faith Facilities at our Hawthorn campus
Swinburne partners with UniSuper. It is our dedicated superannuation fund for most employees with up to 17% employer contributions for eligible staff. You can check an individual job advertisement for the superannuation on offer.
You can also elect to salary package voluntary contributions to UniSuper, or a fund of your choice.
Salary package your car parking, superannuation, and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Discounts and Offers
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff.
- Travel discounts such as Qantas Club Membership offers
- Vehicle Lease Plans and Car Hire discount options
- Special discounts through the Swinburne Bookshop, such as discounted movie tickets, and computer and software discounts
- Community Bank ® at Swinburne