English language entry requirements
Each Swinburne Sydney course has a minimum English language entry requirement. Swinburne currently accepts take-home versions of these tests: TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition and IELTS™ Academic. Please see the table below, for more information.
|Swinburne English Language Centre||EAP 5 advanced level with an overall 70% & all skills 65% or above
|IELTS (Academic module)||Overall 6.5. No individual band below 6.0
|TOEFL iBT||79 (Reading no less than 18. Writing no less than 20)
|PTE Academic||58 (no communicative skill less than 50)|
|Common European Framework||B2|
|ELSIS English Language Schools||EAP2 Program with a minimum A grade|
Alternative English language entry
You may not require a standard English test score to apply for a Swinburne course if you:
- had English as the language of instruction during previous education
- have completed GCE ‘O’ Level English with a minimum grade of ‘C’
- have completed an International Baccalaureate
- have studied English in Australia or another country
Applicants with English as the language of instruction:
- Secondary and/or tertiary studies at an institution where English is the only/main language of instruction and assessment may qualify students to meet the English language requirements for study at Swinburne.
Students must have satisfactorily completed the equivalent of two years of full-time study (four standard full-time semesters), not more than two years prior to commencing your studies at Swinburne.
Documentary evidence in the form of a letter or transcript is required from the institution at which the study was undertaken. Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.