This grant entitles you to an iPad with a smart cover, valued at $604. The iPad is Wi-Fi enabled and has 64GB of storage. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- A local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying this Semester/HE Block/Term;
- at time of applying for this grant you must have a minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) of full time study remaining to complete the course (except if enrolled in Unilink);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or regional/remote background or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- demonstrate how an iPad will assist you with your education (course/study/learning requirements).
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available
How to apply
This grant is no longer being offered by Swinburne Student Equity. It has been replaced by the Study and Living Support Grant.
Equity Project Officer