This grant entitles you to an iPad with a smart cover, valued at $420. The iPad is Wi-Fi enabled and has 32GB of storage. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- A local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time. (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- demonstrate how an iPad will assist you with your education (course/study/learning requirements).
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Multiple grants are available
How to apply
Applicants must complete and submit an online application form and all supporting documentation by Sunday,18 March 2018.
- A copy of your payslips for the last month, to verify your income;
- A copy of last month’s bank statements (1st January 2018 onwards) for all your bank accounts to verify your current savings;
- A copy of your partner’s payslips for the last month to verify their income;
- A copy of the most recent Centrelink payments received by either you or your spouse/partner and children to verify your receipt of Centrelink payments;
- If you are under 22 years of age a copy of each parent or guardian’s recent Tax Assessment Notice or payslips for the last months and/or their Centrelink statements to verify their income;
- If you have a disability or medical condition or mental illness that impacts on your study documentation from the AccessAbility Service confirming that you are registered with them, or a letter from a relevant health professional outlining your condition.
Equity Project Officer