Laptop grants - Lenovo ThinkPad
This grant entitles you to a Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Gen 2 Black 16GB - 13.3 inch Non Touch laptop with a laptop case valued at approximately $1,120. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder/ New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- at time of applying for this grant you must have a minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) of full time study remaining to complete the course (except if enrolled in Unilink);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or regional/remote background or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
Previous recipients of this grant or the MacBook grant are ineligible to apply for it again, or if you received a Student Equity grant or scholarship in Semester 1, 2022.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2023.
Equity Project Officer