Laptop grants - Lenovo ThinkPad
This grant entitles you to a Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Gen 2 13.3 inch laptop with a soft slipcase valued at $900. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder/ New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2019.
Housing and Finance Advisers
Drop Off point:
Beth Graham, Housing and Finance Adviser
C/- Student HQ, Level 2, BA Building
Housing and Finance Adviser. Swinburne University, PO Box 218 (H7)
Hawthorn, VIC 3122
Wantirna: Glenda Rebeiro, 03 9210 1905
Drop Off point:
Finance and Housing Office, WA 117
Glenda Reberio, Finance and Housing. Swinburne University, Wantirna Campus,
369 Stud Road Wantirna, VIC 3152