Laptop grants - Lenovo ThinkPad
This grant entitles you to a Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Silver 13.3 inch laptop with a soft slipcase valued at approximately $1,000. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder/ New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course;
- at time of applying for this grant you must have a minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) of full time study remaining to complete the course (except if enrolled in Unilink);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again or if you were awarded a scholarship or grant from Student Equity in Semester 1,2020.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
All applicants will be notified the outcome of their application via their student email account on 30 November. Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2021.
Equity Project Officer