Laptop grants - Lenovo ThinkPad
This grant entitles you to a Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Gen 2 13.3 inch laptop with a soft slipcase valued at $900. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder/ New Zealand citizen);
- at time of applying for this grant you must have 6 months or more of your course left to complete if you are enrolled in an undergraduate degree or associate degree course (this does not apply to a Unilink course);
- enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered); and actively studying in the course;
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
Previous recipients of this grant are ineligible to apply for it again.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 11.59pm, Monday 19 August 2019.
Supporting documentation including:
- A copy of your pay slips for the last month, to verify your income;
- A copy of the last two month's bank statements for all of your bank accounts to verify your current savings;
- A copy of your partner's pay slips for the last month to verify their income;
- A copy of the most recent Centrelink payments received by either you or your spouse/partner and children to verify your receipt of Centrelink payments;
- A copy of each parent or guardian's most recent Tax Notice of Assessment or pay slips for the last month or their Centrelink statements to verify their income if you are under 22 years of age. We require both parent/s or guardian/s even if they are divorced.
Equity Project Officer