Rental Assistance Scholarships
This entitles you to a rental assistance scholarship valued to $2,000 ($1,000 per semester). These grants are funded by the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen)
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree , associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time. (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- paying rent or board not mortgage payments. (students living in the family home paying board and contributing to household expenses are eligible to apply);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or regional/remote background, or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple scholarships are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 2, 2022.
Equity Project Officer