Rental Assistance Scholarships
This entitles you to a rental assistance scholarship valued up to $2,000. These grants are funded by the Australian Government's Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen)
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree , associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time. (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying;
- paying rent or board not mortgage payments. (students living in the family home paying board and contributing to household expenses are eligible to apply);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
If you were awarded a scholarship or grant from Student Equity in Semester 1,2020 you are ineligible to apply.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
$2,000 paid in two instalments of $1,000 – one in Semester 1 and one in Semester 2.
Multiple scholarships are available.
How to apply
All applicants will be notified the outcome of their application via their student email account on 30 April. Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2021.
Equity Project Officer