Pathways Access Scholarship
Access Scholarships are funded by the Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so.
The Pathways Access Scholarship is open to students who have completed a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification immediately prior to commencing a full-time undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2024.
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne Access Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne Access Scholarship.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Pathways Access Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have completed a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification in 2023 as a pathway to an undergraduate degree at Swinburne University
- Includes Certificate I - IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and UniLink Diploma
- Provide evidence of financial hardship and/or personal hardship. Evidence can include, but is not limited to:
- Centrelink statements, Health Care Card, ATO Payment Summary
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing personal and/or financial diasdavantage
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2024.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services