Pathways Access Scholarship
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so.
The Pathways Access Scholarship is open to students who have completed a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification in the year prior to commencing a full-time undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Pathways Access Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have completed a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification in 2022 as a pathway to an undergraduate degree at Swinburne University
- Includes Certificate I - IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and UniLink Diploma
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing social disadvantage
- Provide evidence of financial hardship and or personal hardship (documents such as salary slips, Centrelink statement, Health Care Card)
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only
How to apply
Applications are closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services