Pathways Access Scholarship
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so.
The Pathways Access Scholarship is open to students who have completed a vocation education qualification in the year prior to commencing a full-time undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate degree at Swinburne.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in an undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020
- have completed a vocation education qualification in 2019 as a pathway to an undergraduate degree at Swinburne
- provide evidence of financial hardship and or personal hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slips, Centrelink statement and or personal statement)
- provide a personal statement no more than 500 words outlining evidence of social disadvantage.
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 to assist with study costs.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday 31 January 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services