Dylan Alcott Foundation Scholarships
The Dylan Alcott Foundation is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for people living with a disability. Dylan Alcott AO established the Foundation with a mission to help enrich the lives of young people with disability by eliminating the barriers of entry to get involved in sport and study through mentoring, grants and scholarships.
The Dylan Alcott Foundation scholarship will support two (2) students who are enrolled in any VET or undergraduate course at Swinburne. The Dylan Alcott Foundation scholarship will provide up to $10,000 per student to support their course fees, per year for a maximum of three years.
Swinburne University is proud to partner with the Dylan Alcott Foundation as the University has a strong commitment to inclusivity and making education accessible to all people. Swinburne University will use philanthropic funds to provide a cash scholarship of $5,000 to each of the Dylan Alcott Foundation scholarship recipients.
Any Vocational Education (VET) or Undergraduate (single or double degree) course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Dylan Alcott Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Up to 26 years of age
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024 in any year of study
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus or online
- Living with a disability, either physical or non-physical as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
- Provide a 1–2-minute video outlining:
- reasons for studying chosen field
- career aspirations
- what receiving this scholarship would mean
- Please upload your video to cloud based storage and provide a link in an MS Word or PDF document. The video must be downloadable by anyone - provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide a written reference from a person suitable to supply a reference such as a community leader, employer, lecturer or teacher.
- Tuition fee waiver of up to $10,000 per year for up to 3 years, and
- A one-off payment from Swinburne philanthropic funds of $5,000
There are 2 scholarships available per annum.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2024.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services