Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant
Are you ready for something different? Seeking a new challenge? Have you always dreamt of studying abroad but have yet to take the plunge? Here is your chance to apply for a $7,000 scholarship to study overseas for a semester.
One of our Swinburne alumni, Michael H. Giles, received a study abroad scholarship and appreciates the transformational experiences that overseas study can offer. Today, Michael wants to support other Swinburne students who are keen to spread their wings and study overseas.
Apply now for the Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant to be one of 5 students selected for this amazing opportunity.
Any undergraduate (including Honours) or postgraduate degree at Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Giles Family Foundation Semester Exchange Grant, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing second or third year Swinburne student in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Be approved for an Overseas Semester Exchange in Semester 1, 2024 to any Swinburne partner university
- please provide evidence in the form of an offer letter from Swinburne Abroad for the Semester Exchange program
- Submit a video (up to 3 minutes) outlining the following:
- your motivation to study overseas
- demonstrated commitment to community service
- leadership potential
- The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage and a link provided. Please ensure the file can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the grant:
- Character reference - from a community leader, employer or teacher about your character and leadership qualities
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a unit coordinator, tutor, school principal, etc.
There are five (5) scholarships available.
Please note: Funds will be released once proof of acceptance at overseas host institution is received. Please send a copy of your host institution acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 30 November 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services