Access Scholarship for Final Year Undergraduates
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so. Students offered an Access Scholarships for Final Year Undergraduates may undertake any undergraduate degree course at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Access Scholarship for Final Year Undergraduates, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled in final year of study in 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing social disadvantage
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as:
- salary slips
- centerlink statement
- bank statement (can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only to assist with study costs.
How to apply
Applications will re-open with the VTAC round for 2021.
See the VTAC scholarships page for more information and advice.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services