NICA’s Indigenous Scholarship
NICA’s Indigenous scholarships assist two Aboriginal or Torres Islander students undertaking the Certificate IV and first year Bachelor’s degree in Circus Arts. The scholarship will contribute to tuition fees.
The following NICA (National Institute of Circus Arts) courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology
- Certificate IV in Circus Arts
- Bachelor of Circus Arts
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for NICA’s Indigenous Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing experiences which may have hindered access to education and:
- Genuine interest in Circus Arts
- Previous engagement with the circus industry
- Provide two written referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc., and
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
Tuition fee waiver to the value of:
- Certificate IV in Circus Arts: $14,250
- Bachelor of Circus Arts: $15,800
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 1 February 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services