NICA’s Indigenous Scholarship
NICA’s Indigenous scholarship will assist an Aboriginal or Torres Islander student undertaking the Certificate IV in Circus Arts.
The scholarship will contribute to tuition fees.
The following NICA (National Institute of Circus Arts) course offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Certificate IV in Circus Arts
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for NICA’s Indigenous Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing:
- experiences which may have hindered access to education
- genuine interest in Circus Arts
- previous engagement with the circus industry
- Provide two written referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc., and
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
Tuition Fee Waiver for 2024 as follows:
- Certificate IV in Circus Arts - Full course fee
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 1 February 2024. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services