CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy Women in Engineering Scholarship
CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy provide power to over 1.2 million residential households and commercial customers across Victoria and are passionate about supporting women to explore careers in electrical engineering. CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy are offering a scholarship valued at $10,000 per year, for a maximum of three years to a female student majoring in electrical engineering. The successful recipient will also have the opportunity for a 12 week paid internship with the business with the opportunity where possible and appropriate, be focussed on ‘green projects’ in the sustainability area.
The following Electrical Engineering courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a major in electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) with a major in electrical
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy Women in Engineering Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- female student
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing second or third year Swinburne student in 2022
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course and major (see courses eligible in section above)
- Achieved a Grade Point Average (GPA) to date of 2.5 or higher
- Submit a personal statement (maximum 500 words) describing your interest in pursuing a career in electrical engineering
The scholarship is valued at $10,000 per year, for up to 3 years.
The successful recipient will also be offered an opportunity to participate in a mentoring program, interviewing skills preparation, and also offered the opportunity of a 12-week paid internship, commencing at the end of the students’ third year with CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy. The internship will where possible and appropriate, be focussed on green projects in the sustainability area.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 1 August 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services