George Alexander Foundation Scholarship
These scholarships have been made available by The George Alexander Foundation. The Foundation was established in 1972 by George Alexander AM to provide grants for public charitable purposes in Australia. Reflecting the founder’s special interests, the scholarships offer talented students access and opportunity to fulfil their potential. The scholarships are an important investment in the future of individual young Australians and their ongoing contribution to the broader community.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the George Alexander Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- an Australian citizen or a Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Demonstrate need to reside away from home in order to undertake study
- Achieved a minimum ATAR of 80.00 and provide ATAR certificate as evidence. If you believe your ATAR has been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and you had a reasonable expectation to achieve an ATAR of 80.00 or higher, please contact the Scholarships office for assistance with your application.
Provide the following supporting documentation*
- Provide a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Download and complete the personal statement form [DOCX 73KB].
- Download and complete the values statement form [DOCX 73KB].
- Provide two referee reports outlining suitability for a scholarship (please include the title/position of your referees).
- one academic reference – from a person qualified to comment on your academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from your secondary school and/or your school principal.
- one character reference – from a current or past employer or a person competent to supply a character reference (for example, a person with whom you have undertaken community service, sporting or volunteer activities.
Applicants who do not submit one academic and one character reference will be deemed ineligible and references from the same people are not acceptable.
Each scholarship is valued at $8000 per year, for up to three years. There are 7 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2021.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services